Monday 6 February 2012

Soziales Problem...

I don't want to have to think about going back to Perth yet, but I know that later this week I will have to start preparing some of my things for the long haul home. Ich hätte eines ausgezeichnetes Wochenede im Wien! Ich liebe Wien! Es ist die schönste stadt! It also highlighted the intensity of some of the social problems of Germany, based on my observations of Stuttgart and München.
Ein soziales Problem that I have come across is the amount of the Obdachlose. There are quite a few that I have noticed who hang around the REWE recycling there bottles. This is a good thing, ich glaube, that this machine is available for recycling and receiving enough money to buy another bottle, however it is questionable what the Obdachlose spend this recycled money on. I see Obdachlose often and also beggars often, and wonder what the housing systems or where or if they receive any shelter. The fact that many Obdachlose die due to the kaltes Wetter ist verrückt!
Another social problem is evident through the Graffiti. Graffiti is unfortunately evident throughout Stuttgart. In year twelve when I learnt about urban planning through geography, I learnt about social problems evident through graffiti, that it is a problem among young people, generally because of boredom and lack of services for youth. Whether or not this is the real reasoning for the Graffiti in Stuttgart, it is something to consider and wonder if the government or whomever concerned realises the social problem amongst young people.
Ein anderer soziales Problem relating to anti-social, negative behaviour is the junge Menschen who hang around the Hauptbahnhof and stir up mischief. Luckily there is heavy security who are around during these periods of time, which is generally after dark. However, in pointing at the young being those who hang about the Hauptbahnhof, ignores the fact that there are plenty of middle-aged people who stand about, drinking and chatting. This is an interesting sight, which I must admit, I am not used to seeing back in Perth. This is an interesting element to consider when questioning the ritual of young people in groups just doing nothing and staying at the Hauptbahnhof.
Well, only eins more entry after this one. But until then, haben Sie eine schöne Woche und eines schönes Wochenende!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you think things like homelessness and graffitti are symptoms of a social problem, rather than the problem?
    Wouldn't young people only damage public property if they feel they have no stake in the future of the society that built it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that the social problems here are quite similar to the social problems at home. I wonder if it is like this in other countries as well. The graffiti is interesting, because they have places for legal graffiti here, and people still do it in places they shouldn't. I'm not sure if giving them a legal option actually helps the situation at all.

    ReplyDelete